The easiest and most cost-effective way to make a deferred gift to SHHS is to make a planned gift. This may be done via a provision in a will or trust; by naming Sacred Heart High School as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, pension, profit-sharing, IRA or 401(k) plan; or by establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust.
These gifts ensure the school’s strength and academic excellence for years to come. If you do include SHHS in your bequest provision, we would appreciate it if you would notify us accordingly. All notifications are kept confidential.
SACRED HEART FUND
- Gifts (General) The capital and/or income may be used for the general operations or projects of the school.
- GIFTS (Capital) The capital gift is invested perpetually and only the annual income is used to help deserving students. Family memorials are encouraged or may be given with existing memorials.
- Cash – Tax deductible
- Securities – Appreciated stocks and bonds – double tax benefits
- Bequests – Remember Sacred Heart High School in your will
- Real Estate – Your home or other property
- Income Interest – Income from existing investments
- Other Appreciated Property – Art, book collections, jewelry, gold, and stamp and car collections, etc.
- Life Insurance – New or existing policy
- Annuity Trusts – Unitrusts – Pooled Income Fund
These estate planning opportunities are similar because they provide the donor with an income and a tax advantage during his/her lifetime and, after death, extend benefits to the surviving spouse.
For further information on investment opportunities and gifts, please contact President, Mrs. Eileen Regan, extension14, or Mrs. Karen Ciarleglio, Director of Advancement at 203-753-1605, extension 12.